Our client,is a quickly growing startup that values your skills, voice, and happiness.
We’re a team of developers, designers, engineers, accountants, CPA’s, project managers, and creatives from all over the world. But we’re also surfers, hikers, Sichuan-eaters, photographers, artists, world travelers, meme lovers, and life-havers.
Together, we provide the most technologically advanced property accounting services in the world.
The work we do helps ensure a better quality of life for everyone who lives, works, or gathers in buildings – and we think that’s pretty epic.
Read more about what we do at Proper.ai
We’re proud to be creating something new that improves people’s lives while working together in a culture of collaboration, respect, communication, joy, and personal growth.
We’re seeking an Accounting Lead to join our team.
Proper is seeking an Accounting Lead with a collaborative, positive, proactive attitude, strong communication skills, and a passion for accounting in a fast-paced environment that’s continuously evolving.
If that sounds like you and you’re excited by the idea of joining a world-class team that’s passionate about growing together, we look forward to hearing from you.
Proper is a San Francisco based tech startup. This position would be based remotely in Mexico.
Department: Accounting Operations
- The accounting department is the engine of the company that provides the property management accounting services to clients of Proper. They perform every day accounting functions like payables and receivables, to monthly processes that flow into the final financial statements for the end users.
- Interfaces with the Relationship Manager in order to gain an understanding of accounting needs of the client and delegates execution to team members
- Assists the Relationship Manager in client meetings to provide detailed information of accounting processes in their team.
- Ultimately responsible for client retention and quality assurance of the work that is being produced by the accounting pod.
- Escalates team related processing issues to the Relationship Manager and helps in addressing the issues identified by the client.
- Oversees that team (direct and indirect reports) is well trained to perform efficiently and to ensure work produced meets Proper’s processing standards.
- Balances processing needs of the Pod and ensures that work is distributed to team members and client deadlines are met.
- Provides secondary review for all financial statements
- A two-to four year degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of experience
- Intermediate MS-office or Google Suite experience
- Advance english
- Relationship Manager – Manager
- Senior Accountant- Direct Report
Roles and Responsibilities
For Client Meetings:
- Provide operative insights of accounting books of during client meetings
For Owner Statements / Financials:
- Audit and ensure that Owner statements are sent correctly and timely based on the close calendars established by the client.
- Review financial packages (budget comparison, 12 month rolling, actual/budget, balance sheet & cash flow statement) to ensure financials are an accurate reporting of the financial & operational performance of the property.
- Ensure that SOPs are created for each client and are updated periodically when necessary
- Review team member’s performance and coach / mentor periodically
- Ensure internal controls are being adhered to
- Ensure accuracy and accountability through the quality assurance process
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings with team to access blockers or issues
- POC that can contact the client directly, always copying the RM whenever they need information to continue accounting process flows and reporting.
- Interfaces with Relationship Manager and communicates client needs to the accounting team
- Consolidates accounting related questions and inquiries from direct reports and helps resolve issues before engaging the client via the Relationship Manager
- Consolidates accounting related questions and inquiries from clients and shares them with senior accountants for correct processing.
- Resolve performance issues of team members first with the Relationship Manager to take an action plan.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members in order to develop property accounting management skills used in client processing
- Direct Manager: Relationship Manager
- Direct Reports: Senior Accountant
- Overall performance of the POD – eg. if POD attains a 70% accuracy rate in all categories
- % of accuracy of AP invoices processed per/week of pod
- % of accuracy of AR deposits processed per/week of pod
For Bank Recs:
- % of accuracy of bank recs with accurately matched transactions per month of pod
For Management Fees:
- % of accuracy of management fees processed per/month of pod
For Owner Contributions:
- % of accuracy of owner contributions processed per/n period of time of pod
For Owner Distributions:
- % of accuracy of owner distributions processed per/month of pod
For Owner Statements / Financial package:
- % of accuracy of owner statements and or Financial Package per/month of pod
For Move Ins and Move Outs:
- % of accuracy of move ins processed per/month of pod
- % of accuracy of move outs processed per/month of pod