Our client ,is a quickly growing startup that values your skills, voice, and happiness.
We’re a team of developers, designers, engineers, accountants, CPA’s, project managers, and creatives from all over the world. But we’re also surfers, hikers, Sichuan-eaters, photographers, artists, world travelers, meme lovers, and life-havers.
Together, we provide the most technologically advanced property accounting services in the world.
The work we do helps ensure a better quality of life for everyone who lives, works, or gathers in buildings – and we think that’s pretty epic.
Read more about what we do at Proper.ai
We’re proud to be creating something new that improves people’s lives while working together in a culture of collaboration, respect, communication, joy, and personal growth.
We’re seeking an Accounting Operations Manager to join our team.
Proper is seeking an Accounting Operations Manager with a collaborative, positive, proactive attitude, strong communication skills, and a passion for accounting in a fast-paced environment that’s continuously evolving.
If that sounds like you and you’re excited by the idea of joining a world-class team that’s passionate about growing together, we look forward to hearing from you.
Proper is a San Francisco based tech startup. This position would be based remotely in LATAM.
Department: Accounting Operations
- The accounting department is the engine of the company, providing property management accounting services to our customers. They perform everyday accounting functions like payables and receivables, and monthly processes that flow into final financial statements for customers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the month-end close process by providing management and support, including hands-on reviewing of transactions. ● Interface with Customer Service Representatives to gain an understanding of the accounting needs of the client and delegate tasks to team members.
- Enforce proper accounting policies and processes.
- Answer accounting-related questions, resolve problems and issues promptly, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Assist the Customer Service Representative in client meetings to provide detailed information on our handling of their accounting processes.
- Responsible for client retention and quality assurance of the work that is being produced by the accounting pod.
- Escalate team-related processing issues to the Project Manager and assist in addressing any issues identified by clients.
- Oversee the team (direct and indirect reports) to ensure they are trained to perform efficiently and that work produced meets Proper’s processing standards. ● Provide secondary review for all financial statements.
- Interpret, build upon, and compile company quality assurance standards. ● Set and deliver on challenging KPIs and team targets
- Provide internal reporting on team performance on a regular basis and manage internal audit deliverables required from the department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Suggest new metrics to assess and improve team processing performance. ● Direct ongoing work process assessments and identify and implement improvements to policies, procedures, internal controls, and tools to achieve greater operating efficiencies and enhanced customer service support.
- Coordinate and supervise Accounting Operations of daily tasks.
- Provide leadership for the accounting team, and strive to deliver outstanding results and service to clients (internal and external).
- Manage team performance by allocating priorities and workloads to enable direct reports to achieve and exceed individual and team goals and objectives. ● Maintains a positive, high-performing, and collaborative team culture to ensure that services and requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Develop direct and indirect reports to ensure they have the skill set to provide quality deliverables to the client.
- Ensure team members are held accountable for their deliverables and deadlines ● Provide support for all direct reports to help them be successful in their roles.
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Lean, Six Sigma Operations experience in a shared service background. ● 8+ years of overall experience, with at least 4 years of management experience, 2 years of Operations experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP (or foreign equivalent) and financial statement presentation
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively complete tasks.
- Extensive experience working in a large accounting role, working as a manager/ supervisor within a finance/accounting department.
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading, and coaching a team. ● Excellent MS-office or Google Suite experience
● Advanced English