Our client ,is a quickly growing startup that values your skills, voice, and happiness.
We’re a team of developers, designers, engineers, accountants, CPA’s, project managers, and creatives from all over the world. But we’re also surfers, hikers, Sichuan-eaters, photographers, artists, world travelers, meme lovers, and life-havers.
Together, we provide the most technologically advanced property accounting services in the world.
The work we do helps ensure a better quality of life for everyone who lives, works, or gathers in buildings – and we think that’s pretty epic.
Read more about what we do at Proper.ai
We’re proud to be creating something new that improves people’s lives while working together in a culture of collaboration, respect, communication, joy, and personal growth.
We’re seeking an AP Specialist to join our team.
Proper is seeking an AP Specialist with a collaborative, positive, proactive attitude, strong communication skills, and a passion for accounting in a fast-paced environment that’s continuously evolving.
If that sounds like you and you’re excited by the idea of joining a world-class team that’s passionate about growing together, we look forward to hearing from you.
Proper is a San Francisco based tech startup. This position would be based remotely in Mexico.
Department: Accounting Operations
- The accounting department is the engine of the company that provides the property management accounting services to clients of Proper. They perform every day accounting functions like payables and receivables, to monthly processes that flow into the final financial statements for the end users.
- Responsible for completion of process steps for processing accounts payable and receivable of customers.
- Responsible for pulling bank statements and matching all transactions into the software for bank reconciliations.
- Understanding the difference between matched and unmatched transactions
- Responsible for following the protocols & SOPs established by the company for ensuring quality in daily operations.
- A two-to four year degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience
- Intermediate MS-office or Google Suite experience
- Intermediate english (nice to have)
- Senior Accountant- Manager
- AP Specialist I- Peer
- General Accountant- Peer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process daily invoices from clients email into our system.
- Use of the Proper tool for processing Appfolio clients and track sheet recording for non-tool software clients.
- Identify duplicate invoices and escalate to manager when needed.
- Validate if vendors are updated in the system for correct processing.
- Validate tenant payment is in system.
- Correctly post payments into the system.
- Be able to identify errors and correct them when needed.
- Escalates team related processing issues, questions, inquiries, or blockers to the Senior Accountant.
For Bank Recs:
- Pull bank statements on a weekly basis.
- Identify and match all transactions from the clients in the software.
- Identify and flag unmatched and stale dated transactions (checks remain uncleared for 90 days or longer) to teams General Accountant for follow-up.
- Ensure that transactions are processed correctly and escalated when necessary.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
- Accounts Payable Processing SOP [Link here]
- Accounts Receivable Processing SOP [Link here]
- Interfaces with Senior Accountant and GAs; and communicates processing needs
- Escalates accounting related questions, inquiries, and blockers that impact processing to the Senior Accountant
- Direct Manager: Senior Accountant
- Direct Reports: Not applicable
- # of AP invoices processed p/day
- % of accuracy of AP invoices processed per/week
- % of invoices processed within SLA (48 hours)
- # of AR deposits processed p/day
- % of accuracy of AR deposits processed per/week
- % of deposits processed within SLA (48 hours)
For Bank Recs:
- # of bank recs with accurately matched transactions per week
- % of accuracy of bank recs with accurately matched transactions per month
- % of timeliness per bank reconciliation processed per month