We’re looking for a PHP developer to join our team. This person will report to the Lead Engineer in business operations, and work with engineers locally and globally to contribute to the development and maintenance of our ecommerce platform.
You will be working with Agile teams as a shared service to build new functionality. You will build new functionality from initial solution design, through development, code reviews, documentation, launch and troubleshooting. We try to use the right tool for the job but typically you will be writing code using PHP
We promote the leader leader model of leadership and an agile way of working so you will have ample opportunity to really impact projects. We’re unique in having a Developer Experience team who exist to make sure our developers get the tools and processes they need to get the job done. You remember we said we’re ‘a technology company inside a cosmetics company’, we really mean it.
What is required?
- 2+ years PHP experience
- Database experience (MySql, Oracle)
- Comfortable working on the command line
- Technical background – experienced in engineering principles and design patterns
- Ability to follow instructions as well as work independently from requirements
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness
What will be a plus?
- Experience in Perl (if no Perl experience then you must be willing and able to learn)
- Experience with Java
- Sumo Logic
What you will do:
- Write and deploy working, performant and secure code to production
- Collaborate with all other technologists to define architecture & strategy
- Contributing in agile ceremonies and planning
- Collaborate with architects, engineers & DevOps to implement workflows, automated testing, and anything else it takes to get quality code to production
We are a tech company, inside of a cosmetics company. We were early adopters of eCommerce in the 90s and have consistently set the industry standard for prestige beauty e-commerce.
Please contact Jesus Magaña firstname.lastname@example.org or Aldo Hernandez email@example.com